12.21.2008

More SNOW!

Headed back to CT for two weeks today...dropped a friend off in Boston first, realized that Boston doesn't believe in plowing, almost got completely stuck on Summer Street, and got the heck out of there. Then I realized that the entire state of Massachusetts doesn't believe in plowing.

On the Mass Pike there was at least 3 inches of slush everywhere, which means no traction for Macy when she doesn't have snow tires on the front. It took me about 5 hours of steady driving to get home from Boston, which is normally a 2 hour trip (according to the geepus).

That was probably the scariest driving of my life, and I'll never drive so far in such bad weather ever again. Today made me realize that A- I'm a decent driver, there were crashes EVERYWHERE with cars that should've been fine, and B- I REALLY need snow tires. Now. That's the mission of the week...get some new tires for the front.

Here are some pictures from today...I took video as well but since the cam mount is upside down (new one on the windshield) I need to turn them around before I upload them.

First thing this morning after driving for 30 minutes:

THIS WAS NOT A TAXI!

After about three hours of driving on the Pike.  The front of Macy was solid ICE!

I was leading a pretty big convoy, no one wanted to pass me since I had the clear lane:

The ONLY TIME I saw snow plows going my way...about five miles before I got off the Pike:

There were, however, plenty of them going the other way:

I'll try to get the video up tomorrow of my epic driving the last leg home.  I live on top of a mountain, and I somehow managed to get up it without sliding off.

Stay warm!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my spoiler met the doom of freezing temps today.  It was loose and coming off so I pulled it off (in one piece, it's fine) and stuck it in the trunk.  I think due to the weather I'll leave it off till warmer weather.  I might also pull off the stickers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment